The enemy is surprised and knocked out, unable to attack.
|Discipline level: 1|
|Character level: 1|
|Affects: Single enemyCasting time: 0.5s Range: 12mCooldown time: 30sGlobal Cooldown: Normal|
|Power level||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Debuffs on enemies|
The only knock down spell for the Archer.
Ambush is useful to buy time to obtain more range, or just attack without the chance of retaliation. When chasing a player, it is often better to use other powers such as Ensnaring Arrow or Winter Stroke. The 0.5 second cast time of Ambush means the target will move approximately 2.5 m during the cast of Ambush. Ensnaring Arrow will gradually close the gap by slowing down the target and is range 0. Winter Stroke has better range at range 35. This will buy time, allowing the Archer to get closer and possibly use Ambush.
Ambush will not work on targets buffed with Divine Intervention.
- Version 1.10.9 (2014/8/28): Duration reduced by 1 second to 2-6s. Cast time reduced to 0.5 s. Range increased to 12 meters.
- Version 1.7.8 (2011/9/15): Durations decreased by 1 second.
- Version 1.7.7 (2011/8/30): Range decreased from 25 meters to 10 meters.
- Version 1.0.6 (2009/5/21): Casting time reduced to 1 second.
- Version 0.9.20 (2007/8/31): Cooldown decreased from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.